Taste the Best Vegan Noodle Soup Today
|Prep Time||15 mins|
|Cook Time||15 mins|
- 120g rice noodles (or any other type of vegan noodles)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup firm tofu (cubed)
- 1 carrot (sliced)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1-inch piece of ginger (minced)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 1 tsp sriracha or hot sauce (to taste)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Fresh coriander leaves, for garnish
- Salt and black pepper (to taste)
- Heat a non-stick pot over medium heat. Add a drizzle of oil. Pan-fry the tofu cubes until they're golden and slightly crispy on the edges. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, heat sesame oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic and ginger. Sauté for a minute until fragrant.
- Add chopped onion, sliced carrots, and sliced mushrooms to the pot. Sauté for a few minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and bring it to a simmer. Continue to cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in soy sauce, miso paste, and sriracha (or hot sauce) to the broth. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Adjust the seasoning according to your preference.
- Gently add the pan-fried tofu cubes and cooked rice noodles to the pot. Let them heat through in the broth and absorb all the flavour.
- Just before serving, add the baby spinach to the soup. It will wilt quickly in the hot broth.
- Squeeze in the lime juice to add a zesty and refreshing flavor to the soup.
- Ladle the Vegan Noodle Soup into serving bowls. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
- Delight in the warmth and goodness of this comforting Vegan Noodle Soup. The tender vegetables, flavorful tofu, and aromatic broth come together for a satisfying and nourishing meal.
- Feel free to customize this soup by adding other vegetables or protein sources of your choice. It's a versatile recipe that can be adapted to your preferences and whatever ingredients you have on hand.
- Cook the rice noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.